Inspired Colours: Fun & Laughter
Experienced and emerging beaders resident in Australia are invited to enter work into the Inspired Colours competition. Inspired Colours is an open competition for any type of wearable item that contains beads. Each entry must be at least 40% beads, but may consist of any other medium (wire, metal, fabric, clay, silk).
There will be two opportunities to enter:
- Section 1 – Sydney Autumn Bead Show 13th to 15th May 2016
- Section 2 – Melbourne Bead Show 1st to 3rd July 2016.
The top finalists from each section will then be on display at:
- Sydney Spring Bead Show 16th to 18th September 2016 where the overall winner of Inspired Colours will be announced.
There is a limit of one entry for each section.
1st Prize is $500
The Winner plus 9 Highly Commended will win exciting goodie bags
The aim of Inspired Colours is to flaunt, (show off, showcase, uncover and demonstrate) the world-class quality beading that Australian Beaders’ creatively achieve everyday by providing them with their own quality competition. Inspired Colours wants to shout out to the world “Look at what we can do right here in Australia”.
Competition Entry at bottom of page
Please read all following information first
Section 1 – Sydney Autumn Competition:
- April 19th 2016: Deadline to apply online for entry for Section 1 – Sydney Autumn Competition
- April 19th 2016: Photos of entry for Section 1 – Sydney Competition to be received
- April 28th 2016: Entry to be received by mail – PO Box 5230, Pinewood, Vic 3149
- May 5th 2016: Entry to be hand delivered Marrickville Town Hall between 10am & 12 noon
- May 6th 2016: Announcement of finalists for Section 1 – Sydney Autumn Show Competition – announced at 2pm
Section 2 – Melbourne Competition:
- June 15th 2016: Deadline to apply online for entry for Section 2 – Melbourne Show Competition
- June 15th 2016: Photos of entry for Section 2 – Melbourne Competition to be received
- June 21st 2016: Received by mail – PO Box 5230, Pinewood, Vic 3149
- June 30th 2016: Entry to be hand delivered to: The BoxHill Town Hall at 10am – 12 noon
- July 1st 2016: Announcement of finalists for Section 1 – Melbourne Show Competition – announced at 2pm
Final – Sydney Spring Finalists
- Sept 5th 2015: Received by mail – PO Box 5230, Pinewood, Vic 3149
- Sept 15th 2015: Entry to be hand delivered Marrickville Town Hall at 10am – 12 noon
- Sept 16th 2016 : Overall winner and the 9 highly commended announced at 2pm
- An entry fee of $20 is required to participate in each section of this competition.
- Online applications only accepted.
Conditions of entry:
- The competition is open to residents of Australia over the age of 18 and limited to:
- 1 entry per section.
- Permanent employees of The Bead Show and Judges of “Inspired Colours” are ineligible to enter
- Employees of Sponsors and Exhibitors may enter
- The work should explore the entrants personal interpretation of the theme Inspired Colours: Fun & Laughter
- Entries must be the work of a single person, they must have been designed and made by the entrant
- The application must be submitted with the entry fee as stated.
- Entries should have a label with their name attached and the packaging must have name, address, phone number, title clearly marked.
- The entries will be judged by 3 judges, the judges decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into
- The Judging will be blind judging made from the following:
- 5 x Photos of each entry in jpeg format taken at the highest resolution possible with your camera – photos will need to be emailed to email@example.com
- 1 x photo of front of entry
- 1 x photo of back of entry
- 2 x close up photos of different aspects of entry
- 1 x photo of the work modeled by a person other than yourself
- An inspiration statement of no more than 100 words must accompany each entry.
- Entries must be a new creation made after September 2015
- All entries must be up to exhibition standard. The Bead Show reserves the right to excluded any entry that does comply with the set standard.
- The Entry should not have been accepted into another contest
- The Size limit of 30 x 30 x 30cm must be adhered to. Any entry exceeding this size will not be accepted. The size limit is set so all entries will fit into display cabinets so security of entries can be maintained.
- Postage to and from is the responsibility of the entrant – return postage must be included. Any entry without return postage included will be sent back COD. Please watch our video on packaging for work at www.thebeadshow.com.au/how-to-pack-send-your-entries/
- The Entry must not have been published in any form (ie Facebook, blog, magazine etc)
- By submitting an entry you agree to allow The Bead Show to photograph the entered work to use in print or electronic media in the advertising, promotion and archiving of the competition. Entrants reserve the copyright subject to the rights granted to The Bead Show under these conditions of entry. Images supplied by the entrant may also be used for promotion
- All personal information collected by The Bead Show from entrants will be kept in confidence and used for purposes of judging only except that the name, likeness, and city of residence of winners may be announced, advertised, promoted, and publicized by The Bead Show.
- All entries can be for sale at the September show only. The Bead Show will take expressions in interest and pass them onto the artist; it will be up to the artist to follow through with the sale
- The Bead Show will exercise all reasonable care in handling entries, but will not be responsible for the loss of or any damage to any entry while in the custody of The Bead Show. Insurance against damage, fire and theft on individual works whilst in The Bead Show’s custody or in transit is the Artist’s responsibility
- By submitting an entry, entrants acknowledge their acceptance and understanding of these rules